Cabinets are one of the most effective types of the file management system. This system of maintaining documents is implemented by wide range of organizations. Cabinets are one of the most preferred forms of managing documents as they improve the efficiency of the employees and are equally cost-effective. Document cabinet [ตู้ ใส่ เอกสาร, which is the term in Thai] is simple and an affordable form of storing files and documents. Document cabinets are user-friendly as the employees can identify the required documents with ease. The most common type of document cabinets is vertical file cabinets and lateral file cabinets. These cabinets are generally made of wood or metal.
Types of file cabinets
- Lateral file cabinets: This type of cabinet is also known as a horizontal file cabinet. These cabinets have enough to store both legal as well as letter sized documents. Lateral cabinets are available in variety of sizes, colour and design.
- Vertical file cabinets: This is one of the most popular types of filing cabinet as it uses less space and offers more productivity. Vertical cabinets can be fixed as well as movable. They are available in materials like wooden, metallic, laminate, etc.
- Flat file storage cabinets: This type of storage cabinets are generally used in organizations that deal with artworks, drawings, blueprints, etc. They are compact and use less space.
Importance of file storage cabinets
- Storage cabinets help the user to store their documents systematically without any clutter.
- These cabinets can also be used for housing things like, tape files, tools, documents, stationeries, etc.
- They can be placed in any available space as they are available in a wide range of sizes.
- These cabinets come with security systems as they are available in both electronic and manual locking systems.
- Removable storage cabinets involve low installation and maintenance costs when compared to fixed cabinets.